15 February 2009

Nels Cline - Coward



Don't know how many times I'll talk about it, but man, Nels Cline is awesome. His skills as a musician always surprise and astound me. Here's his most recent solo release from Feb. 10 of this year of our lord 2009.

Coward is an excellent example of a lovely marriage between jazz acoustic guitar and experimental/noise electronics. Although the acoustic guitar plays as the protagonist, the use of electronics is not easily overlooked. This shit rules.

EDIT: I've reuploaded the album. Sorry about the previous broken zip file!

Coward:
Part 1. (Re-Uploaded)
Part 2. (Re-Uploaded)

7 comments:

_ said...

thanks for posting this... but i think there's an error somewhere between the 2 RARs - showing up when it gets to track 10, making that track inaccessible.

Anonymous said...

as villainforhire said, track 10 is broken between the 2 parts. Possible to reformat?

alicia said...

love this.

KLA* said...

Thank you. This album is beautiful, spacious, full of dark turns and sudden brilliances. I knew only of Nels Cline's work in Wilco and excerpts of his more jazzy virtuosic solo work. I knew I loved his style, but didn't love it in the context of Wilco, because I like Tweedy's choppiness and lack of perfection, whereas Cline can produce anything on the guitar that he hears in his head. Wilco's best work sounds like happy accidents that result from failing at an idea that wouldn't have been as good.

I will buy this album on vinyl if it is available as soon as I can afford it.

icastico said...

I've never been a Wilco fan, but Nels other stuff is great. Thanks.

zardoz1984 said...

Nice Cline stuff here but Part 2. (Re-Uploaded) of Coward doesn't seem to exist no more on Mediafire. Please can you reup it? I'm so eager to hear it. Thx for everything.

zardoz1984 said...

Part 2 came back! Don't know if you did something but anyway thx again for such good music. I surely shall not miss the man when he's in town!